Almost every project at Intellectual Ventures Laboratory creates ideas that touch upon chemistry, and the Chemistry Lab is where those ideas are put to the test. Our Chemistry Lab is fully equipped with modern instrumentation and staffed with experienced chemists to create an efficient and safe workspace to solve chemistry problems, whether determining the composition of complex mixtures such as food and blood or synthesizing new molecules with interesting and novel physical properties.
The Chemistry Lab is where new chemical and biochemical technologies are researched and developed and where invention prototypes requiring chemistry expertise are built and tested. The ever-growing list of on-site techniques and capabilities include:
• FT-IR and UV/vis Spectroscopy
• Liquid and Gas Chromatography
• Trace Metal Analysis
• Mass Spectrometry
• Physical Property Analysis of Materials including Calorimetry and Microscopy
• Organic Chemical Synthesis
• Inorganic Chemical Synthesis including Air- and Water-Free Chemistry
• DNA Manipulation
• Protein and Metabolic Engineering
The Chemistry Lab also maintains relationships with third party laboratories to access additional techniques, like NMR Spectroscopy, that complement those listed above.